Friday 26 March 2010

Princessfaces.

Ok, so Jamie Lee Curtis Taete is a photographer. And I know, I know, if you saw one of his photos on its own and heard that he was successful and accomplished in his career then you may well laugh quite hard. Because yes, I'm not going to deny the fact that these photos are probably pretty terrible in terms of their technical compostion, and he kind of ignores all those other stylistic boundaries that a lot of photographers push in order to be heard. Seen. Whatever. But then maybe if you saw three, or even four, of his shots together... you might just get it. Jamie Lee Curtis Taete does not fiddle with all those exposure and aperture and lighting techniques, because that is not the point of his work. His work is there to demonstrate how he is somewhat talented in the art of being in the right place at the right time, and having a camera in his hand. Admittedly if I was him I'd maybe try and get some snazzy snaps where, I don't know, at least the colours are a bit brighter or the subject is the only thing in focus or something, but I guess that's just his style and it actually sort of works? I suppose that the point is essentially to be amused by the content of the photo instead of going "Oh wow! A pretty picture!" without actually looking at what is in the picture. Go and explore his blog, Princessfaces, and if at first you're unimpressed just keep on scrolling. I'm still not sure if I'm convinced or not, but he's actually quite a comedian.







No comments:

Post a Comment